Help us to spread ethical models of sustainable development and environmental protection, for a better world.
A small donation can also make a difference.
All donations received are managed by the non-profit association BeWater, founded by Giacomo de Stefano to give continuity to the Man on the River project, beyond the duration of the voyage.
BeWater is committed to:
- informing and creating awareness amongst citizens, institutions and businesses to promote a different relationship with water, based on respect and justice;
- promoting access to water as a public good and a fundamental and inalienable right;
- promoting social and economic actions aimed at reducing forms of exploitation and bad management of all water resources;
- developing a culture which is attentive to energy saving, the environment and critical consumption;
- working with small operators of the land to develop initiatives of social utility;
- spreading a mentality aimed at travel which is light and slow and doesn’t have any environmental impact
How the funds raised will be used
The funds raised will be used as follows:
- to help local small projects to protect the waters and the people, in particular supporting critical situations that Giacomo De Stefano will be able to point out during his travels;
- support projects of sensitivity towards a more rational use of water resources;
- in a residual way, to finance possible costs which are imperative to the good success of Giacomo’s travels (for example, possible emergencies), to finance the production of new t-shirts or other promotional material and for a partial repayment of expenses of the people that with their work allow Man on the River to spread its own goal.
Donations can be sent by bank transfer to:
San Polo 2464/o
VAT No. 03970430272
Tax code 03970430272
President of the BeWater association